- 1 Epicyclic Gear Train
- 1.1 Epicyclic Gear Train Definition
- 1.2 Use of Epicyclic Gear Train
- 1.3 Epicyclic gear train works
- 1.4 Epicyclic Gear Train Formula
- 1.5 Advantages Of Epicyclic Gear Train
- 1.6 Disadvantage Of Epicyclic Gear Train
- 1.7 Epicyclic Gear Train ppt
Epicyclic Gear Train
Epicyclic Gear Train Definition
An epicyclic gear train (otherwise called planetary gear) comprises of two gears mounted with the goal that the focal point of one gear spins around the focal point of the other. A bearer associates the focuses of the two gears and turns to convey one gear, called the planet gear or planet pinion, around the other, called the sun gear or sun wheel.
If the axis of the shafts, over which the gear is compound mounted, are moving relative to the fixed axis, the gear train is known as an epicyclical gear train. In the simple, compound and reverted gear train, the axis of the shafts is fixed. But in the epicyclic gear train, the shaft axis is not fixed but is moving relative to ‘ the fixed axis.
Use of Epicyclic Gear Train
The epicyclic gear trains are useful for transmitting high-velocity ratios with the gear of moderate size in a relatively lesser area.
Epicyclic gear train works
The working of the epicyclic gearbox can not be clarified quickly as it requires more investigation.
- The fundamental of epicyclic apparatus is that it has a sun gear, planetary riggings, and Ring Gears
- This sort of rigging system is utilized in the PTO shaft of the Tractors and programmed gearboxes
- In this pic, you can see one of the arrangements of the Epicyclic apparatuses
- The power will be given to the Sun gear
- Sun apparatus pivots the Planet gears
- Planet riggings pivot the Ring apparatus and power is drawn out from Ring Gear
- The following case the Ring Gear will be bolted
- The power is given to the Sun Gear
- The Sun Gear Rotates the Planet Gear
- The Planet riggings are associated by Spider
- Creepy crawly Rotates according to the planetary apparatus speed Reduction
- Power Is drawn out from bug shaft or the other way around
The working rule of the epicyclic gearbox depends on the reality the fixing any of the apparatuses, for example, sun gear, planetary riggings, and annular apparatus is done to get the required torque or speed yield. As fixing any of the above causes the variety in apparatus proportions from high torque to rapid. So how about we perceive how these proportions are gotten.
First gear ratio
This gives high torque proportions to the vehicle which encourages the vehicle to move from its underlying state and is gotten by fixing the annular apparatus which thusly makes the planet transporter pivot with the power provided to the sun gear.
Second gear ratio
This gives fast proportions to the vehicle which encourages the vehicle to accomplish higher speed during a drive, these proportions are acquired by fixing the sun gear which thus makes the planet bearer the determined part and annular the driving part so as to accomplish rapid proportions.
Reverse gear ratio
This apparatus switches the bearing of the yield shaft which thus inverts the heading of the vehicle, this rigging is accomplished by fixing the planet gear bearer which thus makes the annular rigging the determined part and the sun gear the driver part.
Note-More speed or torque proportions can be accomplished by expanding the number planet and sun gear in the epicyclic gearbox.
Epicyclic Gear Train Formula
This Is an Epicyclic Gear Train Formula.
Advantages Of Epicyclic Gear Train
- They take less space and also have lightweight because they share the load between several gear meshes.
- It has smaller and stiffer components which reduce noise and vibration with increased efficiency.
- The input and output shafts of the epicyclic train are concentric so the driver and driven equipment can be mounted inline, providing additional space savings.
- In very high horsepower units, the components of parallel shaft designs become so bulky that epicyclié trains gain a further economic advantage.
Disadvantage Of Epicyclic Gear Train
- It has a complex design as compared to others.
- Driver and driven instrumentality should be in line to avoid further gearing.
Epicyclic Gear Train ppt
This Is epicyclic gear train ppt. Click Her